Webinar on December 14/16, 2021: China’s Data Regulatory Landscape
December 8, 2021
Click HERE to register.
Exclusive Client Event:
China’s Data Regulatory Landscape
– overview of data & privacy laws (PIPL & beyond)
– highlights of data laws and what’s behind them
– GDPR-compliant organizations not necessarily safe
– suggested actions and moves now
– actions to plan for later
Dr. Donnie Dong Partner, FuJae Partners LLM UC Berkeley; PhD CityU HK email@example.com
– 18 years experience in law & tech
– Managed leading unicorn’s privacy programs in 12 jurisdictions
– Certified Information Privacy Manager (IAPP/CIPM)
– Alumnus Fellow Harvard Berkman Center For Internet & Society
China accelerated its legislation over data-related issues in 2021. The Personal Information Protection Law (PIPL) has come into force as from November 1, 2021. However besides PIPL, China also issued, and will issue soon, a few other laws and regulations governing data processing activities beyond the protection of personal information. Multinational companies who have presence in China or provide products to Chinese consumers need to take compliance actions to minimize their risks.
Before diving into details, one needs to get a clear big picture on what exactly the PIPL is for, and what are other critical regulatory requirements beyond the personal data protection, so that he/she may prioritize the work.
In this webinar, we will cover these topics, and also bring audience certain practical suggestions of compliance strategy.